Filipino Fish Steak
- 1/2 cup Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
- 2 belly of milkfish, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 lemon or 5 pieces calamansi
- 1 can Jolly Mushroom Pieces and Stems 400g, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil turns hot, fry the sliced milkfish belly until the color turns medium brown. Flip the fish to fry the other side.
- Remove the fish from the pan after frying. Discard most of the cooking oil from the pan leaving around 1 tablespoon of oil.
- On the same pan with little oil, cook the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Pour-in the soy sauce, water, and lemon juice. Stir. Add Jolly Pieces Mushrooms.
- Add the fried fish. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook for 2 to 5 minutes. You may add water if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped parsley. Serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.