Fish with Tausi
- 1 can Jolly Salted Black Beans, drain the brine solution then soak the beans in warm water 180g
- 2-3 pcs fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 pc onion, finely chopped
- 1 pc small ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
- salt (or soy sauce) and pepper to taste
- spring onion to garnish
- Put pork in a pot and add water, salt, and black peppercorns. Bring to boil and simmer until meat is tender, Heat Jolly Canola Oil in a frying pan. Fry the Tilapia half cooked. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Brown the garlic, onion and ginger. Add the tomatoes while pressing it lightly to bring out the flavor.
- Add the Jolly Salted Black Beans (canned black beans are usually salty so before adding it to the dish, so soak it in water for few minutes to remove excess salt. Repeat when necessary).
- Pour water and add about 1 or 2 tsps of light soy sauce and ground pepper to taste.
- Allow it to simmer for 1 minute or until the water is reduced to half. Remove from fire.
- Place fried tilapia on a serving platter and pour the black bean sauce on top. Garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.