Time: 30 mins
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp Buenas Ube
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup white sugar
Butter Cream Ingredients:
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Grated cheese (for toppings)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and sift the dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and Buenas Ube, Mix to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Mix until well combined.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the meringue into the batter.
- Line the mamon molder with the mamon liner.
- Fill up about ¾ of each molder with cake batter.
- Gently tap each molder to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center becomes clean.
- Place in cooling rack to cool completely.