- 1 pc. zucchini
- 1 cup squash
- 6 pcs. oyster mushrooms
- 3 pcs. okra, cut in half
- 2 pcs. bell pepper (cut in quarters, deseeded)
- 1 bottle Dona Elena Pomace Olive Oil 1L
- ½ all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- ½ cup cold water
- ¾ cup dashi
- 3 tbsps. soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. mirin
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsps. grated radish
- Make the tempura batter by mixing all the dry ingredients together with a whisk and add the wet ingredients slowly until fully incorporated.
- Cut zucchini and squash in 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Dredge all vegetables with flour.
- Heat the pomace olive oil in a pot.
- Dip the vegetable in batter then fry until crispy.
- Combine dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring it to a simmer and let the sugar dissolved completely. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a bit before pouring into a container.
- Serve the warm tempura dipping sauce with your vegetable tempura.
- Grate radish and ginger and squeeze the water gently.
- Squeeze water out gently and serve with the sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.